Sunday, October 5, 2008

95%!!!

Well, it's been about 13 years since I've had to take a "real" test that I get a grade on. I must say I am pretty proud. I scored a 95% on my first test in Business Leadership! 1 down, 3 to go! My first presentation is in 2 weeks- I'm a little worried. It's not the talking part, it's building a good PowerPoint presentation. I've never had to do this before! I know that sounds crazy in this day and time, but I just haven't been put in a place where I have needed to do it.

This week, I am meeting with an advisor at NWACC to help me figure out when I need to take the rest of my classes. I have about 18 hours I will have to take from there. Six of those hours are Global Literacy. I know, you are probably thinking,"What is that"? Well, in a nutshell- I am going to have to take SPANISH!!! Can you learn a foreign language at my age? Ha! Well, I guess we will see. One of my bosses from work wants to take it with me and so does another guy I work with. I think that will make it fun! So, starting next semester, I will be going to class more than one night a week. And so the journey continues...

2 comments:

Laura King said...

I'm so proud of you Joanna...stick with it! I know you'll do well. Give your hubby and darling daughter hugs for me please!

Crystal_King said...

I'm so proud of you Joanna! What a great way to start your classes! Keep it up~! It sounds like you're staying positive which is a great thing. I'm very proud of you!! By the way, what an awesome family photo! Beautiful!!! It was great seeing you the other night! Camden told me he missed you too!