Monday, September 1, 2008

A HUGE step

For those of you that don't know, I am about to go back to school! I must say I am scared to death, but it's something I have wanted to do for a long time and just thought I couldn't (for many reasons). Life is about to get pretty crazy around here. I wonder- Can I do this? Can I be a mom, a wife, a full-time employee, AND a student?

There have been many people in my life who have encouraged me at one time or another to do this. Well, now's the time. As soon as all the application details are finished, I should start on September 25th. I am going to attend Harding University's Degree Completion Program here in Bentonville. Once I graduate, I will have a Bachelor of Arts in Leadership and Management. The program is still fairly new. The first class graduates this December. There are a couple of people from our church that will graduate then. Harding offers one on-ground class and 3 or 4 on-line classes every six weeks. It should take me 18 months or less to finish. I already have over 70 hours of college under my belt. I will have to take 2 or 3 classes from NWACC (our local community college) because I never took a history class (YUCK!). I might have to take a foreign language as well. We aren't sure about that one yet. All my previous transcripts are still being audited.

Please pray for me and my family during this huge endeavor! It wouldn't hurt every once in a while to remind me that I CAN do this! :)

6 comments:

Laura King said...

Hey there sweet girl...not only can you do this (school), you can do it with flying colors!! Doesn't got steer us in awesome directions?!

Glad you're blogging! I miss you!
Aunt Laura

Samijo said...

I am so-o-o-o PROUD of you! You go girl!!!!

heldbygod said...

You go girl! I have been wanting to do that for some time also, and one day I will, but first I have to get this whole single mom thing under control first. Let me know how it goes. I know you can do it!

Margaret said...

Welcome to the blogging world! You can find real cute blog backgrounds at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Congrats on making the jump back into school. It'll be worth it in the end!!! :)

Crystal_King said...

That's great! Let me tell you, not only CAN you do this, but you'll do this GREAT! Just think, only 18 months. You know how fast time flies, especially when you're busy!

You asked on your blog if you could be so many things at one time right? If I could do it being a wife, a very pregnant soon to be mother, a student and a full time employee then you can too! Yes, it'll be hard at times, but you always have to keep the faith that you CAN do this! If you always keep the ultimate goal in mind, you can make it through anything! I'm so very proud of you!

Shannon said...

I'm so thrilled you're doing this. And YES, you'll be able to handle it all! You are the queen of organization and order so just stick with that and you'll be fine.