Thursday, November 13, 2008

My baby's gettin' glasses!

For those of you who are here in Bentonville and are around Lexi much, know that she has had issues with her eyes. Both of her eyes drift off and on due to the muscles in her eyes not working properly. When she was 3 or 4, she had to have surgery for this problem. So, this week my mom took her to see Dr. Todd Hook ( our friend from church) and he said that she has to have glasses. This should help keep her eyes focused.

Lexi is ecstatic! Her mama isn't, but I also don't want her to go through all the eye issues I've had my entire life!!!

Dr. Todd told us she will more than likely have to have surgery again, but he wants to put it off as long as possible. We will probably wait until her preteen/teen years to do it.

On another note, I took my second test online and still didn't do very well. I'm pretty frustrated, but I only have 3 more tests to go. LOL! This class will be over soon and then I can move on.

Have a good week. I can't believe the holidays are right around the corner!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

At least she's excited about it! Can't wait to see her new look. :)

Anonymous said...

It's good that she's excited! You'd both be miserable if she didn't want them but had to have them anyway. :)

And as long as you pass the class, that is all that matters! No one will EVER ask what grades you got in college. Just that you have a degree. Doesn't matter one bit!

LOVE YOU!!!

Oh, and I think we're coming back to Bentonville in January or February!!!

Crystal_King said...

That's cute that she's so excited about it. I remember so badly when I was younger I wanted braces because all my friends had them. Hope it helps her though, at least she'll be able to focus better!

And with your test, as long as you're doing your absolute best, then you should pat yourself on the back and be proud. You can only do what you can do!! Hang in there!!

Crystal_King said...

That's cute that she's so excited about it. I remember so badly when I was younger I wanted braces because all my friends had them. Hope it helps her though, at least she'll be able to focus better!

And with your test, as long as you're doing your absolute best, then you should pat yourself on the back and be proud. You can only do what you can do!! Hang in there!!